Hemp seeds are one of the most perfect foods on earth! They contain one of the highest concentration of essential fatty acids (EFAs). Hemp seeds boost the immune system, metabolism and provide energy that lasts all day long. They are high in fiber, protein, and have the ideal ratio (3:1) of Omega 6 and 3. EFAs are vital for good health and cannot be made by our body, so they must be present in our diet through the foods we eat. Hemp seeds are gluten-free with no known allergies. Try some today!
Benefits of Hemp Seed
1. Excellent source and perfect balance of essential fatty acids including Omega 3, 6, 9. Contains 6 times more Omega 3 than tuna.
2. Increased energy levels and metabolism to promote weight loss
3. Lowers blood LDL cholesterol levels
4. Lowers blood pressure
5. Improves organ function
6. Improves immune system
7. Improves cardiovascular circulation & function
8. Contains an abundant source of GLA known to reduce symptoms of PMS & menstrual cramps
9. Mood stabilization and mood enhancement
10. Reduces inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis
11. Improves recovery of muscles after exercise
12. Reduces and treats dry skin and hair conditions
13. Hemp protects against a number of diseases including cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
14. Hemp seed contains antioxidants with amino acids and vitamin E.
15. Hemp seeds are GMO-free, Gluten-free, Herbicide & Pesticide free, THC free, Vegetarian approved and Kosher certified
16. High in dietary fiber. 60% daily value from whole seeds.
17. Hemp seeds provide 13 grams of Protein. Protein functions as the building blocks for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
18. Contains all 9 essential amino acids
19. Rich in Chlorophyll which detoxifies the blood, liver and digestive tract. It increases oxygen intake and fuels muscles for higher performance, endurance and recovery.
20. There are no known food allergies to hemp seed.
Hemp seeds contain 300% daily value of Manganese which helps the body form connective tissue, bones, and blood clots. It plays a role in metabolism, calcium absorption, blood sugar regulation, and reduces inflammation.
Hemp seeds contain 60% daily value of Dietary Fiber which normalizes bowel movements, lowers blood cholesterol levels, helps control blood sugar levels, and aids in weight loss. Dietary Fiber also significantly lowers your risk of developing coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal diseases, and colon cancer.
Hemp seeds contain 50% daily value of Magnesium that reverses osteoporosis, prevents cardiovascular diseases, regulates high blood pressure, treats diabetes, migraines, insomnia and depression. Source.
Hemp seeds contain 50% daily value of Phosphorus that is essential for strong bones, teeth, and healthy blood. There is limited evidence that phosphorus intake may prevent certain types of cancer. Phosphorus has an important of keeping the kidneys in a normal condition. It does so by ensuring proper release of wastes from kidneys by the process of excretion.
Hemp seeds contain 45% daily value of Copper which is required by our bodies for absorption, storage and metabolism of iron, and helps supply oxygen to the body and is required for brain development and nerve cell communication.
Hemp seeds contain 35% daily value of Iron which is required in our bodies to make new cells, amino acids, hormones and neurotransmitters.
Hemp seeds contain 20% daily value of Folate (Vitamin B9) that is essential to numerous bodily functions including the production of healthy red blood cells and cells that line the digestive tract.
Hemp seeds contain 20% daily value of Thiamine (B1) which plays a critical role in the energy metabolism of all cells. It aids conversion of carbohydrates and amino acids into energy and is essential for proper functioning of the heart, muscles and nervous system.
Hemp seeds contain 20% daily value of B6 which aids in the production of antibodies in the immune system, helps maintain normal nerve function and is required for the metabolism of amino and fatty acids. It also helps regulate blood glucose and is critical to the development of the brain and nervous system of a fetus.
Hemp seeds contain 20% daily value of Zinc that helps proper functioning of immune system, digestion, control of diabetes, improves stress level, energy metabolism, acne, healthy skin, nails, eyes, and wounds healing. Source.
Hemp seeds contain 11% daily value of Potassium which helps maintain normal water balance between the cells and body fluids, electrolyte balance, cell integrity and is critical to maintaining a heartbeat, proper heart function, the transmission of nerve impulses and contraction of muscles.
Hemp seeds contain 10% daily value of Niacin (B3) which aids in the energy metabolism of all cells in the body, functioning of the digestive system, nervous system, and conversion of food into energy.
Hemp seeds contain 8% daily value of Riboflavin (B2) which is necessary for energy metabolism in our bodies. It is essential for body growth, reproduction, red cell production, and supports normal vision and skin health.
Hemp seeds contain 6% daily value of Vitamin E which is an antioxidant that reduces cholesterol, boosts the immune system and metabolism, reduces the risk of cancer, normalizes blood pressure, and is an anti-inflammatory.